Ken Sarna was born and raised in Las Vegas Nevada where he attended Durango High School and graduated in 1996. After graduating he accepted a full ride scholarship to attend Creighton University and play shortstop for the Blue Jays baseball team. While at Creighton Ken was honored to be invited to the US national baseball team trials in both his freshman and sophomore years and also played in the prestigious Cape Cod summer baseball league in 1998. He graduated from Creighton University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration in 2001.
After playing in the minor league system for the Kansas City Royals organization Ken moved back to his hometown and soon after began his career as a mortgage banker. While nationally licensed Ken structured home loans for homeowners throughout the country and helped his clients purchase homes or refinance their current loans into more attractive mortgage terms.
Ken opened his own business in 2009 when the market started to deteriorate and decided that he wanted to help homeowners who were underwater get out of bad mortgage debt. While growing his company to 24 employees he was able to help thousands of homeowners to get out of underwater mortgages through short sales, loan modifications and other foreclosure alternatives. During the real estate collapse Kens' team helped to get underwater homeowners out of nearly $800,000,000.00 in mortgage debt. Ken published his book “Crash and Burn” in June 2013 outlining what was really going on during the real estate collapse based on his experience in dealing with the numerous different banks and changes that were constantly being implemented.
Ken has now stepped out of his company and re-entered the mortgage business as a way for him to again help the homeowners that need help securing financing to buy or refinance a home today.
- 10+ years of experience in mortgage banking
- Licensed to close loans in numerous states
- Experienced with all types of residential loan programs (Purchase and Refinance)
- Specializes in working with self-employed borrowers as well as tip earning employees
- Educates buyers on the process of securing a loan and keeps them updated throughout the entire process
- Communicates with the buyer’s agent, listing agent and the title company during the entire the buying process
- Keeps process simple for all parties involved in each transaction
- Has a team of loan coordinators who are dedicated to providing a concierge style experience based on each client’s individual needs